Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

Wow- I can't believe it's already Thursday. Not only was it a four-day week, I had two different flu clinics and will be working in a store tomorrow, so I've been a busy bee. I have so many things to write about here on the blog, but I'll start with my last trip to Indy.


After much ado about nothing on Friday night, I spent Saturday with my mom in Carmel. We ran some errands and then went to Clay Terrace to have lunch at Kona Grill. Their salad is delicious- chopped lettuce, ramen noodles, scallions, almonds, and a vinegar-based sauce. After lunch, we went to Oliver Twist, a new stationary store just a couple of doors down. They have *absolutely* wonderful stationary, cards, journals, and invitations.


Over the past year or so, my mom has been making invitations for weddings and showers for family friends. She definitely has the eye of a designer and is creative to boot. I'm definitely not as talented as she is, but I try to help out whenever I can. Right now my mom is designing invitations for a friend's son's wedding next August. I know these are hard to see, but here are a couple of the invitations we saw that we liked.







Saturday evening, Nick and I stopped by the Rathskeller, the only bar in Indy that has Nick's favorite beer on tap, Weihenstephaner. His Uncle Bob is in a band called "Polka Motion," and they were playing outside on the street in celebration of a German festival.




Uncle Bob is the one playing the accordian. I tried to get Nick to polka dance with me, but he's not ready for that yet.



Random picture of a church downtown- this reminds of a picture I took when we were in Prague

After dinner at Barcelona, one of my favorite restaurants in Indy, we spent some time with David, Nick's roommate, just hanging out at their apartment. Later that night, one of my very favorite people, June, stopped by to visit! I hadn't seen her in several months, so we were excited to catch up. Of course, I forgot to take pictures (that's less than ideal

Ok, I am falling asleep at the computer. To be continued tomorrow...

























No comments:

Post a Comment