Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Know You Want One

I was sitting at my desk earlier this week, minding my own business, when my boss came to my desk. I see Debbie multiple times every day, so it was no surprise except for the fact that she was holding a present for me! She told me she ordered it for me as a Christmas present, but it turned up in the mail the day after I left for vacation. When I ripped the wrapping paper off, I was ecstatic... Debbie got me a Snuggie!

You might be familar with the Snuggie, but if not, it's "the blanket with sleeves." They have ads all over tv. (Click here to see a Snuggie ad.) At first it seemed like a joke, but before I knew it, they started advertising for different types of Snuggies... zebra-stripe, pint-sized, etc. I think it is one of those things you secretly covet but would never buy yourself. And not only did I get my very Snuggie, I got a Purdue Snuggie!

I immediately opened the box and tried it on at the office- I couldn't wait to wear it! (Note: the office can be drafty where I sit, but I'm not sure that a Snuggie is very professional.) Alma, who sits next to me, heard the comotion and wanted me to come show her my new present. I ended up seeing Troy, who now calls me "Grandma." (Last week my neck was bothering me, so I had a heating pad on my chair to loosen up the muscles. The addition of a Snuggie probably didn't help my case.)
Warm and cozy in my new Snuggie!
Thanks, Deb! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment