Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring in Indy

I'm writing to you this week from Indianapolis- I was in Detroit for training until last night. From there, I was planning on driving to Merrillville, IN for a continuing education pharmacy session with the Indiana Pharmacy Alliance. But, after more than 12 hours of continous lecturing by myself, I had almost lost my voice. Instead of driving west, I headed south to sleep in my own bed and rest my voice.

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day- sunny, high 60's, slight breeze. It is the kind of weather that you can be comfortable wearing shorts or jeans, but you don't get too hot either. My Mom and I took Izzie on a walk in our neighborhood, and we saw a sure sign of spring- wild violets! I haven't seen this many in a long time, and I have never seen white violets before growing on their own. I picked a small bouquet to bring the outdoors in. Fresh flowers are so wonderful to have inside. I don't know what it is about them, but the combination of bright colors, fragerance, and shapes are just lovely.

Much more to write about, but I'll fill you in more tomorrow. I'm going to do one of my favorite things that I can only do at home- play the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment