Thursday, December 3, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Although I've never owned a house, I can't imagine any purchase more exciting that buying your first home. (I mean, I'm not even close to making that commitment, and I have a 2-inch binder filled with ideas of what I want to put in it!) So, when Lisa announced that she closed on her house, I was thrilled! She had looked at the house when she was home visiting just a couple of months ago, and I think she fell in love with it (who can blame her?! it is adorable!) When she found out she had gotten her job at the hospital, she bought the house. The owners were selling it themselves, and they were pretty flexible with her about the timetable. (But then she couldn't close on the house until she actually started her new job because of the mortgage... so many rules! I am going to need a lot of help...)

When I was home over Thanksgiving, Nick and I went over to Lisa's new house. I had never seen any pictures of it, so everything about it was a surprise. I liked it so much that I think I screamed or made some "ahhh" noise the entire time I was there.


Here are some pictures from our tour...


Isn't this adorable?!


The kitchen is actually really big for a house this size


I love the glass doors on these cabinets


This bonus room in the basement would be perfect for crafts!



The last owners accidentally left the faucet that once hooked up to the washer on. When Lisa moved in, there was a huge puddle in the basement, which had actually gone beneath the tile that the previous owners had laid down. Lisa's mom, Karen, spent the day tackling this project. I was very impressed with what a good job she did- moldy water smells are hard to remove!


You might have to watch your head on the stairs


Looks like this fenced-in back yard needs a dog! :)


The dining room, which will be painted soon... Lisa says it looks like the color of dried blood! (She would know, too- she's an ER nurse)


Lisa's bedroom


How charming- the curved archways add that something extra (there's a mantle and fireplace that I *love* in the living room, but naturally, I was so enamored I forgot to take a picture of it)


The porch is wonderful- not only is it big, it has a swing!


Maybe this is nostalgic (that or I just lived in the suburbs for too long), but I love this type of mailbox

I will be sure to keep you posted on any updates she makes. :)
Lisa, congratulations on your new house! I am so happy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment