Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Megan and Ben's Wedding Weekend

Sorry to have been such a stranger lately- I've been a busy bee! I have been picking up extra shifts in the stores during the week nights and on the weekends, plus volunteering at the free clinic in Providence. I can't believe that I only have a little more than 4 weeks left!

Last weekend I flew back to Indy for Megan and Ben's wedding. Well, I guess I also flew back to see Nick, considering I hadn't seen him since mid-March. He just returned from his rotation in China. He had an amazing time with lots of cultural adventures, but I think he was ready to come back to the States.
Friday night, Nick picked me up from the airport, and we went straight to the Rathskeller. There was an unofficial get-together after the official rehersal dinner for the wedding. The weather was perfect for a night at the outdoor biergarten.

Aakash and Lana

If you couldn't guess, David is not camera shy.

I hate my hair in this one (ugh- I need a haircut! Plus, after being awake for more 16 hours, my hair tends to lose its style), but I thought it was a good one of Nick.

Plus, I owe Nick a fashion apology. When he got back from his trip, he was describing some of the things he bought to me over the phone. After describing what was this shirt, I said that I wouldn't like it (I know, I hadn't even seen it yet). I was imagining a ringer tee, which aren't flattering on most people. However, he proved me wrong- I think he looks handsome.

On Saturday morning, we woke up at 6:30 AM for a big breakfast and golf. Nick and 3 of his friends had a 7:50 AM tee time, so they wanted to make sure I was up, moving, and ready to go by 7:25 (who, me, not a morning person? Never! I'm actually getting a lot better, if you can believe that!) The golf course let me tag along with them for free and even gave me a six iron to borrow for the course. (I would have used Nick's clubs, but they are for lefties.) I think I surprised Nick's friends when they found out I could actually hit the ball. I mean, it was nothing to write home about (even though that's kind of what I'm doing now), but it looked pretty good for someone who hadn't picked up a club in more than a year.

Make way for ducklings! Mr. and Mrs. Mallard lead their ducklings (is this what I am supposed to call them?) to water.

Assessing the green situation. I grew up watching golf tournaments on t.v. with my Dad, and looking at the slope has always seemed to me like it takes *forever* for golfers to do.

Doesn't this water station remind you of Snoopy's dog house?

Pretty close if you ask me!

After walking nine holes, I decided that I needed a little R and R for myself. Not really knowing where I was going, I took off to find a place to get a manicure and pedicure. I was in luck- there was one that was less than a mile down the street in a Kroger plaza (when in doubt, strip malls, especially those with grocery stores, are great places to look).

Later than afternoon, we went to Ben and Megan's ceremony at the Methodist church at 38th and Meridian (NW corner). I had never been in there before, but the sanctuary was "fancier" than I thought it would be- stained glasses windows went around 3/4 of the room near the top. I meant to take some pictures before and/or during the ceremony, but someone with a giant head (a bird ran into my giant, freak head!!!) ended up sitting in front of me. Not only that, i was sitting in the very middle of the pew, in the middle of the section, which didn't help my situation.

But don't fear! I took lots of pictures at the reception, which took place at the Indiana Roof Ballroom. This was the first wedding I had been to there (I've been to a concert and a dance there), and I was impressed with their level of service. The room is very unique- lots of architectural detail (Click here for my post on IRB from earlier this year.) The food was pretty basic and didn't stand out too much, but I'm not much of a foodie and definitely should not be the judge of food.

Nick and Lee after the ceremony in their new suits. Someone said that Nick looked like a Secret Service agent when he was wearing his sunglasses (but that's not necesssarily a bad thing!).

Allie and I during the cocktail hour- she graduated this year but will still be in Indy next year when I move back- yah!

The boys are back in town! (from left to right)- Mike, Nick, David, Aakash. Mike is moving to Wisconsin (Madison) to start his residency, and David moved back to NYC on Monday for his residency. Both Nick and Aakash will still be at IU this next year.

I don't care what Nick says, I will miss you, David!

Roommates for 2 years, friends for life (cheesey, I know)

Lana and Mike on the dance floor. I love the way her dress looks in this picture- I think they look like models for Express.

I couldn't decide which picture of Nick and I was my favorite, so I'll let you be the judge. Nick and I have differences in opinion on the best photo (I don't like when my smile gets too "gummy," he doesn't like it when his chin is tucked in). Which one is your pick?


Photo #1 (My hair is in the way a little)

Photo #2 (This one is great because this is Nick's real smile- his smile is like a rare type of jungle cat. It might be there, but you can't always catch it on film. I'm not a fan of the left half because I think my smile is too "gummy.")

Photo #3 (I made a total rookie mistake- never put your arms against your body. As you can see, it only makes them look bigger.)

Photo #4 (Nick's head is tilted back)

Which picture is your favorite???

1 comment: