Monday, June 29, 2009

A Great First Day (But Not Without A Hiccup)

Today was my first day of my community practice residency! For privacy reasons (mainly for the company), I will not be publishing the actual name of the company I'm working for while I'm blogging. Just know that I am a Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) resident that works for a large national drug chain. Most of you reading this already know who I work for anyways (The Man, as Nick says). I was a little overwhelmed today with the volume of information, but I'm sure I will get settled in during the next several weeks. As I learn more of my job functions (and as appropriate), I'll share what I am doing with you. The Clinical Services Department Staff was very welcoming, and I am looking forward to calling 12087 (I think that's my cubicle number) home. If you ever come to visit Woonsocket, I'm on the second floor. Just after you enter the doors for my department, I'm the first cubicle on the right. I love friendly faces. :)

After work, there was a meeting for Network of Executive Women that Deb (my preceptor) let me tag along to with her. There was a panel of eight top female executives in the company that shared best practices, experiences, and personal stories about their careers. (TR even was there and gave a speech at the beginning of the meeting! I was going to introduce myself to him afterwards, but I opted instead (and kind of chickened out- it was my first day!) to meet a female panel member that is a Vice President with Gina instead. TR is the CEO of the company and meeting him is definitely on my agenda for the year.) It was a great way to end my first day- thinking about my career aspirations and how I want to help change pharmacy practice.


When I went to take my things out of my car, I realized that my water bottle had at some point opened during the ride home. That's okay... I mean it's not like I had my calender in there (I did), important papers (yep), or a prescription I needed to get filled (that too). So, behold the paper maze that is my apartment.


In the picture just above, you can see one of the post-it notes I used (ten!) to remember the order of the papers. Next to my keys you can see the spoon I had to use to open my door. Yes, a spoon... This was after a half an hour of waiting for the maintenance man to come help me get into my apartment because my key wasn't working on the deadbolt. As it turns out, all I needed was a spoon. Silly me.

I promise I will get around to sharing my apartment with you! However, tonight, I've got work to do. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Door security mechanism:2 Sarah Moran:0

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me not Aakash. He left his Gmail signed in on my pc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... it's bad. But I have opened the door two days in a row (with the help of a spoon) without any problems- a personal victory. :)

    ReplyDelete