Friday, June 18, 2010

Mind Readers

I was sitting at my desk yesterday, minding my own business, when I got a call from the Security Desk. My first thought was, "Uh oh! Are they towing my car?" They said I had a package to pick up. I decided that one of the pharmaceutical companies was just getting the demonstration samples f(or the MS presentation I gave last week) out to me. But when I got down there, I saw a had a beautiful basket of flowers!
"Congratulations on a successful year. Hope you have a nice day."
The "just because" flowers are the best. Not Valentine's, Happy Anniversary, or I'm Sorry (but I still like them no matter what the occassion). I am a lucky girl.
You may not believe me, but two days earlier I had sent Nick a care package!! I called him right away to thank him and reminded him to check his mail. When he called me back that afternoon, he hadn't gotten his package, so I was a little bummed. However, when I called after I left RIFC (more on that to come), he had gotten it in the mail!!! He has been studying like crazy for his Step II test- he takes it on June 29th. I sent beef jerkey, Dunkin' Donuts coffee, fruit leather (the all-fruit version of a fruit roll-up), pencils, Post-it notes, non-bleed Sharpie markers (my absolute favorite), and few other things. Call me crazy, but I guess we were reading each other's mind.
I'm headed to NYC to spend the weekend with Lana! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment