Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday

6:30 AM: Wake up drenched in sweat--my air conditioner broke sometime during the night. I proceed immediately to the shower

7:15: Attempt to blow-dry my hair, but the heat is oppressive. End up taking another shower.

7:45 AM: While driving down Sayles Hill Rd, I accidentally run over a squirrel. I am crushed and cry the rest of my way to work.

8:05 AM: Pull myself together in the parking lot, put on mascara, and head on into work.

12:30 PM: Lunch to celebrate a co-worker's wedding and another co-worker's 25th anniversary with the company. (Read: two cakes and lots of frosting.)

1:35 PM: Get presented a certificate for my residency. Takes all of my energy not to cry (even though I am ready to come home, I will the people here in the office.). Use a trick I read in a magazine--hold your tongue up to the roof of your mouth.

1:45 PM: Give a short presentation summarizing my residency to the managers and directors in my department. (Not too difficult when you just have to talk about yourself, but I am really focusing on improving my presentation skills.)

6:15 PM: Get back to my apartment- late night at the office. Lay down on the couch for a one-hour nap.

7:50 PM: Arrive at the pharmacy to work an overnight shift (12 hours).

8:00 PM- 1:00 AM: The store is crazy busy from the moment I get there.

Saturday

1:00-7:00 AM: Working by myself in the pharmacy. Get lots of random calls (I mean, who else can you call for advice at 3:00 AM?)- I even had one lady who had lost her power and wanted to know what number to call. (Thank goodness for the phone book). I am busy the whole night filling and checking prescriptions.

8:15 AM: Finish my shift and head back home to crash. My body is a little confused about what day it is, so I end up taking another nap on the couch.

3:00 PM: Wake up refreshed and rested. Begin a whirlwind of activity that lasts 8 hours. I clean my kitchen, wash all of my laundry, file paperwork, start packing for the move, workout for almost an hour, and shower. I run errands and go to Target, Michael's, Dick's, and Ann Taylor loft.

11:30: Start watching "Lawrence of Arabia," a movie I"ve been meaning to watch for a long time. Make a childhood favorite from movie nights- butter popcorn (this time light popcorn) with m n m's- the heat of the popcorn softens the chocolate just enough so that they melt in your mouth. Fall asleep after about one hour (yes, on the couch again).

Sunday

5:30 AM: Wake up on the couch. Eat a small bowl of Raisin Bran (currently obsessed with that right now!), have a glass of water, brush my teeth, and go to bed.

12:00 PM: Wake up in my warm and comfy bed. (FYI- the air conditioning is back on at this point, thank goodness). Get dressed and drive to Providence to babysit Connor while his parents head out for the afternoon. He is such a happy baby with the exception of taking him up to his room to change him- he does *not* like that. (Maybe he thinks it is bedtime? I'm not sure...)



Connor and I (I look awful, but he looks adorable!)
4;30 PM: Return a few things at the Providence Mall (and also pick up a couple of things). Head home to workout, shower, and make dinner. Practice for my presentation and crash late at night after a long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. sunday 6pm.....get a crazed call from my best friend lisa. give her excellent advice, perhaps the best she has ever gotten.

    thanks hands!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete