Thursday, August 20, 2009

California Dreamin'

Hello, friends! I apologize for yet another absence... I've been in the sunny state of California since Monday. I went with Mike to help teach 2 classes of pharmacists to give immunizations. We arrived in the early afternoon on Monday and went to a nice restaurant that night. Mike uses Open Table to find good spots to eat ahead of time. If you make reservations through them, you can earn points that can be redeemed for gift certificates.





The apple pie I had for dessert- yum!



There were lots of beautiful pagodas (?) along the streets

On Tuesday, we caught in Dublin, CA, and I had the most wonderful surprise! When I was helping set up the projector and laptop for the presentation, I looked up to see my friend Hellen walking in the room!!! Needless to say, I was just over the moon. Hellen is a friend I know from pharmacy school at Purdue. It never even crossed my mind that she might be at the training. We had a chance to catch up and swap pharmacy stories, which is always fun.



Yay for Hellen!



Serious focusing going on here



Mike sharing his immunization wisdom

After class we drove to Roseville, CA, which is somewhat near Sacramento and woke up the next morning to do a second day of presenting. The extra practice is great- it is helping me to depend less and less on my notes while presenting. Wednesday night we drove back to San Francisco, and--another first-- flew home on my first red eye flight. We flew both ways on Virgin America. I highly recommend them if you have a chance to fly with them-- plenty of leg room (even in the regular seats!), free wifi (as I call it, weeee feeee), and screens for every seat that let you play tv shows, movies, games, or listen to music. I tried to sleep as much as I could on the plane, but it's always hard to find just the right spot to be comfortable. I am highly considering the following...




Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce SkyRest. It's an inflatable pillow that you can actually customize to whatever size you need. While their main product is the SkyRest, they also have pillow for putting your legs up (an ottoman, anyone?) and reclining while in bed. I may get some initial laughs from my neighboring travelers, but I'm sure they'll secretly be jealous. And if you're wondering, no, I do not know the man in the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I love reading about your ADVENTURES!!!!
    Glad you're having so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete