Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kiss the Cook

Guess who is *officially* a pharmacist?! Yours truly! I tried to call the Board of Pharmacy on Friday, but they were closed (taking a long weekend for VJ Day, perhaps). Then, a few people asked me if I had found out my results this morning. I was a little reluctant to look, simply because I wasn't sure that I passed the RI MPJE. So, I finally broke down, called the Board, and got the good news. It's funny- I wasn't as excited as I thought I would/should be. Maybe it's because it doesn't radically change my work life (or pay schedule). Either way, it's a huge relief.
I had a wonderful weekend in Indy (no nights in the airport!), but it sure did go fast. On Saturday, Nick and I rented a Sunfish and went sailing on Eagle Creek Reservoir. The weather was beautiful- lots of sun and just enough wind. No casulties except a couple of cuts on my foot from when I slipped while trying to get back on the boat after swimming (my middle name is definitely not Grace!). We *almost* tipped over... Nick and I looked over as a boat that left the dock at the same time we did tipped over 180 degrees. Nick said something like, "Good thing that's not us!" No sooner than the words left his mouth did the wind change, almost causing us to lose control. We won't be laughing at others' bad luck any more, that's for sure. Here are some pictures from the day:
Nick setting up the Sunfish...
From Boyscouts to sailboats to surgery, Nick knows knots
On Saturday afternoon, we did some shopping and walking downtown. Would you believe that the only thing I bought for myself was a piece of chocolate? Our mission was to get Nick's sunglasses fixed, and it's probably best I didn't do too much shopping. Gap does have some great sales on men's t-shirts ($6 for super soft, short-sleeve shirts!) if anyone is interested.
I'm sure I looked like a tourist when I took this picture. It reminds me of some of the backdrops Erin Hession uses for engagement pictures. Click here to visit her blog- she's by far my favorite photographer in Indy. Lots of positive energy, thoughtful, and a great eye for unique shots.
This was almost as big as my fist!
On Saturday night, Nick made me dinner. Well, he actually made me breakfast, lunch, *and* dinner- how wonderful! Blueberry pancakes (my favorite) and bacon for breakfast, BLT's and strawberries for lunch, and shrimp, salad, and sweet potato fries for dinner. I took a picture of the the dinner spread, but it didn't turn out very well. Nick made salmon for himself and used the rub I got him for his birthday in April (along with grilling accessories and a coupon for a cooking class at Kiss Z Cook in Carmel).
How cute is this! You can find it at Sur La Table- it's one of their top-sellers
After dinner, we went to Nick's favorite downtown spot- The Rathskeller. It's an indoor/outdoor German biergarten that has live music and a great atmosphere. Plus, they are the only bar in Indy that has Weihenstepaner on tap. I tried the Kristall version, which is their summer beer- nice and light; I definitely recommend you give it a try. (This is coming from someone who normally doesn't like beer.)
By far my favorite picture from the weekend (Special thanks to Mike Ha!)
Nick and I spent Sunday with our families. His nephew, Andrew, was getting baptized. Andrew is the son of Kathy and Ryan, Nick's sister and brother-in-law, and was born at 26 1/2 weeks at the end of December. He was in the hospital for several months, but they have been blessed to have so few complications for someone born so young.



And to top it all off, I picked up my Colts tickets this weekend! A *huge* thank you goes out to Joe who got the tickets for me- you're the best, Joe! My brother and I are splitting the tickets so we both get to go to a few games, which works out nicely. I'm hoping to make it to at least 2 games this season.
Woo hoo! Go Colts!

2 comments:

  1. You have good taste - I love Erin Hession! :)

    Ryan and I need to rent a Sunfish sometime. I know we would flip it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sarah!!!! I had no doubt that you'd pass!!!

    LOVED the Erin Hession link....thanks!! You have an eye for photos too...I love your pics!!

    ReplyDelete