Saturday, August 22, 2009

It Makes Me Wanna Wag My Tail...

MAIL!!! (Ok, so I was never a fan of Blue's Clues, but who could not love that jingle?)

Who doesn't love to get something in the mail? Even if it is something random (a catalog you didn't order) or expected (catalogs you ordered to have something show up in your mailbox), I love the feeling I get when I open my mailbox to find some kind of surprise. My mailbox isn't very big, so if you get a package that wont' fit, they put a key in your box that opens a larger compartment at the bottom of the row of mailboxes. After work one day, I opened my box to find that key! Mrs. K sent me a house (apartment)-warming gift. It is a salad bowl and tongs (seperate fork and spoon for serving) from Crate and Barrel. She did a great job of picking it out, since I have it circled several times in their catalog. (Yes, even if I don't buy something, I circle in permanent marker what I would get if I could buy anything I wanted and money wasn't an issue. I sometimes add these things to my "house book." House book, you ask? I'll save that for a rainy day.




It's made of mango wood- how cool is that!


I also got not just one, but two issues of Rhode Island Monthly! Debbie was nice enough to order those for me as a welcome gift, so that I'd know the ins and outs of happenings in the state. One of the issues is actually "The Best of Rhode Island," and I found a few things I am going to explore.






My first thought... that cupcake looks delicious!


And if that wasn't enough, I got letters from Chelsea and Nick, a CB2 catalog, and a shampoo and conditioner sample from Procter and Gamble. (I will fill you in about my quest for free samples and coupons another day.) What I *didn't* get was my benefits package information from work. When I first moved in, my apartment number was listed incorrectly, and, unknown to me, HR sent it to that address. I've been waiting this whole time for something to come but thought it was just taking a while or that I needed to do something about it. So, I talked with Debbie and learned about my package being sent to the wrong address. I went to knock on the door of that apartment a couple of nights ago, and, *shocker*, no one answered. On Thursday, Deb contacted them and gave them the correct information. Yesterday, I received a call from the HR/benefits people to confirm the correct address, and she assured me they would be sending it out immediately. Just a few hours later, the HR/benefits woman called me back to inform me that my address was "not able to be located" and that they would be sending my package to the office. Sending it to the office is all fine and dandy, but *why* they can't locate my address a second time is a mystery to me, since the only thing that is different is the apartment number!!! I would have dug a little deeper into the situation (read: argued), but I was having an extremely difficult time understaning the person on the other line. (She was calling from the other side of the globe, so of course it is going to be a little fuzzy.) It looks like I'll be able to get coverage when originally scheduled (Sept 1), but thank goodness I have temporary coverage just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment