Monday, March 22, 2010

I Don't Want to Check My Bags

Hope you had a great weekend! I took one of my last few, precious vacation days on Friday to go home for a long weekend. Nick leaves for China on April 1st, and if I hadn't gone to see him this weekend, it would have been a total of 3 months between visits! I had such a wonderful time with my family and friends- I'm sorry if I didn't catch you! But, I have good news! I will be in Indianapolis for work for an entire week in April! Nick will be in China (boo) but that means you won't have to share me.

Over the weekend I learned how to post on my blog with my phone, so I should be able to write quick updates much more frequently. I'd better get to bed soon- I tried to sleep on the plane, but no matter what, I can never quite get comfortable. I kept bobbing my head and waking myself up (does anyone else remember watching people in class do this?! It is hilarious! Not that I ever did that...).

I bought Marsh brand sugar cookies at the grocery store this morning to share with co-workers tomorrow at a meeting. When other people go on vacation, they always bring back something fun to eat (i.e. Debbie brings bagels from NY). It's hard to do much of anything via plane, so I decided that my sugar cookies would do. However, they are now more like sugar crumbs. Some jerk moved my back after I sat down to try to make his fit. This would have been fine, except for the fact that he kept ramming it in the overhead compartment to make his ridiculously large "carry-on" bag fit (I only put this in quotes because he must have been slipping $20 bills to the attendants to let him keep his bag- no way they would have normally let this thing on board. The whole time I was thinking of Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents on his trip home, refusing to check his bag.) Oh well, I'll have to keep the cookies in my purse next time and have the strength not to eat any of them! Does anyone have any other suggestions for Indiana-only foods?

If you're not familiar with the movie Meet the Parents, here's the dialogue between Ben Stiller and the flight attendant when he is trying to shove his bag into the overhead compartment.

[Greg is trying to fit his large bag into the overhead bin]
Flight Attendant: I'm sorry, sir, you're gonna have to check that.
Greg Focker: I got it.
Flight Attendant: No, I'm sorry, that bag won't fit.
Greg Focker: No, no, I'm not - hey, I'm not checking my bag, okay?
Flight Attendant: There's no need to raise your voice, sir.
Greg Focker: I'm not raising my voice. THIS WOULD BE RAISING MY VOICE TO YOU, okay? I don't want to check my bag, okay? And, by the way, your airline? You SUCK at checking bags, okay, because I already did that once and you lost it, and then I had everything screwed up very badly for me, okay?
Flight Attendant: Well, I can assure you that your bag will be placed safely below deck with the other luggage...
Greg Focker: Oh, yeah? How do you know my bag will be safe below with the other luggage? Huh? Are you physically going to take my bag and put it beneath the plane? Are you going to go right now outside, with the guys with the earmuffs, and go put it in there?
Flight Attendant: No...
Greg Focker: No? Okay, then shut your piehole and listen to me when I say that I am FINISHED with the checking-of-the-bags CONVERSATION.

I wasn't able to find this clip from the movie 0nline quickly, but I'll add it later if I come up with it.

1 comment:

  1. nothing makes me think of you faster than the checking of bags conversation......hahaha love you!

    ReplyDelete