Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ditch the Workout... Join the Party!

Today I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business, when it hit me- I never showed you pictures of my cubicle! Okay, so it's nothing really to write home about, but it's my first cubicle ever. I have a great location, too- the bathroom and water fountains around just around the corner. I also sit where a lot of people come in and out of the department, which I think is more condusive to visitors (although I'm still testing that theory out). There are students both behind and to the right of me, but my favorite person, Alma, sits to my right. We can't actually see each other, but I feel like we know a lot about each other! On a good day, she'll sing in Spanish- she has a lovely voice.



This is where the magic (aka Drug Information/Clinical Services support) happens...




Things that make me happy




Things that make me happy (part II)


Tonight was my glorious return to ZUMBA. I first started the class last summer when I moved home to start my rotations. My mom was taking a Zumba class at the Westfield Washington Parks office with some co-workers and encouraged me to go, too. I ended up loving it! There's nothing better than getting/staying in shape and shaking your hips at the same time! I don't know how I got roped into this, but last fall I danced in the Carmel Art Festival on a day they were celebrating different cultures. Yes, me... the fairest in all of the land, on stage, dancing to Latin music. Not by myself, of course. My teacher in Westfield/Carmel, Ingrid, had a group of us perform a routine. Later that fall, I went with Tammy to a Zumba conference on the west side of Indy. Beto, the creator of Zumba himself, was there! The room that we danced in was packed- I know they sold over 250 tickets for sure. It was so energizing to be in a room with that many people all doing the same thing (hard to describe!). Ingrid was always trying something new- one class we had was with black lights, a strobe, and glowing bracelets. No joke.

So, needless to say, I was glad to start Zumba-ing again. The greatest part is that it's at work!! I don't even have to leave the office- so convenient. Next week I am starting a Pilates class (also at the office) with a few of my co-workers. I'm looking forward to bonding with them outside of a normal work environment, but I think I had better practice before Monday rolls around.

P.s. Don't worry, I've got a Zumba cd if you're interested, courtesy of Ingrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment