Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Sweetheart Is Lonely!

It's hard to believe I've already been here a month! The time has flown by, and there are still so many things I want to do before I leave! I'll have more free time (I think) after I finish taking my boards.

So, even though it was Friday, I was feeling a little bummed. I still haven't made any friends outside of work, and it can be lonely at times. I called Nick, and he gave me some suggestions on how I could meet more people, one of which was CraigsList. I told him he was crazy- why would I do that? The more I thought about it, it didn't seem like that bad of an idea. I mean, I know couples (both dating and married) that met online, so why couldn't I meet a friend? I decided that I'd sit on the idea until after my NAPLEX (Thursday) and see how I felt then.

Nick called later and casually mentioned that he made a post on CraigsList but didn't say for what. Sure enough, it was on my behalf in the Providence personals. Read this...

My sweetheart is lonely! -w4w 24

"My girlfriend just moved to Rhode Island for a year-long pharmacy residency. She is an outgoing and social person, but doesn't know anyone in Rhode Island or the surrounding area..so she is very lonely. She needs some good girlfriends with whom to go shopping, work out, go to dinner, go out, etc. She loves to drink wine, has a fantastic personality, and is very smart and organized. You will love this girl.

She actually lives in Woonsocket, but providence is pretty close right? "

Nick's intentions besides, it doesn't even matter if I meet anyone from this... just reading his post made me feel that much closer to home. I miss you, Nicky.

1 comment:

  1. aw :-)

    I hope you meet some new people soon. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete