Sunday, July 19, 2009

You May Be Right... I May Be Crazy

I have got to quit waiting too long between posts- so much to catch up on! During the middle of last week, I was starting to come down with a bug, so I decided to go to bed early on Wednesday and Thursday nights. I ended up sleeping almost 24 hours between the two days! I must have needed the rest!

On Wednesday, I went to the live portion of a program to train pharmacists to give immunizations- how exciting! APhA is the creator and sponsor of the program, but my company also uses the same program to train pharmacists and interns. I am lucky enough to work in the same department as the pharmacist who is in charge of the immunization program for the entire company- wow! (He's busy!) At the end of the day, you practice giving shots to one another. I figured no one else would offer, so I volunteered to go first (sorry, Dan!). I forgot to have someone take a picture of me giving a shot, but here's a picture of me getting one.





Yesterday was a great day! I was given a free ticket to the Elton John and Billy Joel Face 2 Face concert at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. The tickets were a gifts from a company that works for us... along with a parking pass, which was clutch. I could have thrown a stone and hit the stadium, which, if you knew how far I could throw, you know that must have been close! They also have a box suite on the 50 yard line- what a gorgeous view! (Year of Firsts- first time in a suite at a concert)



I went with a group of people from work, which, for many employees, probably isn't that fun, but I LOVE the people that work around me. They have all been very supportive in helping me transition from the field to the office.


From left to right: Lynn, Billy, Alyson, Troy, Dave, and JoAnne

Another highlight of the evening- I got to meet our company's CEO and president! He was very down-to-earth, personable, and engaging... he even came over later to learn more about what I do and my background. I was over the moon! (No, I didn't tell him that I wanted his job! Maybe next time!) I kept looking over at Alyson and Troy for some assurance that I wasn't making myself look crazy! Troy and Alyson met me halfway between Conneticut (where they live) and the stadium so that I wouldn't have to drive all the way there by myself. Here's a picture of Alyson and I at the concert. One of her little boys just got a cell phone, so he had been calling all day- how cute. (He's only nine!)




Here are some more pictures from the concert...





Elton on the left, Billy on the right... Click here to hear my favorite song
JoAnne and Sue
Another action shot...


Troy and I before dinner


It was such a wonderful day! And who said that I wouldn't have fun this year?! (Okay, no one has said that to me, but I thought it when I first moved out here!) Who knows what this week will bring- I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment