Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Than a Thousand Words

Well, the good news is that it's over... I finally took the NAPLEX. I didn't feel like it went that well when I left, but I am a little more relaxed tonight. Besides, there's nothing I can do about it now! During the exam, I was surprised at the number of questions on a particular topic. (I can't disclose information about the exam, but I'll just give you what *might* have happened.) For example, I *might* have had cases on cystic fibrosis, dementia, and BPH, but I *might* not have gotten any questions on hypertension, coronary artery disease, or diabetes. I ended up taking a little under 3 hours. I'll know the results in about four days, but right now I need to focus on studying for the RI MPJE (law exam). While there is state-specific material, most of test covers federal law, which will help when I take the IN MPJE at the end of August.

Following Chelsea's advice, I took tonight off from studying. I ran errands, worked out, showered, ate dinner, and then something I've been waiting a whole month to do.... crafts, crafts, crafts! I have a whole list of things to do... scrapbook (several of them), gocco (Where do I find these things?), the cricut, make Christmas presents (I think everyone is getting something homemade this year- more personal, less expensive), etc. I was looking for some stickers in a box I hadn't opened in a while, and I found a wonderful surprise... family pictures.


I've been thinking a lot about "home" since I moved to RI. I have always appreciated (or at least tried) all of the things my friends and family have done for me but being so far away has made me realize how lucky I truly am to have so many wonderful people in my life. All of the pictures are from when I was little (six or under for the most part- I was going to make a couple of scrapbook with pictures from my childhood and haven't gotten around to it)... what a happy little girl I was! As my mom always says, when I was happy, I was very, very happy, but when I was sad, I was very, very sad. (Bipolar?) Some things never change, that's for sure... I still look the same and have the same exact personality (Mom, will you please verify this?). Here are a few of my favorites...

At the beach (I think in Delaware)

A very sleepy Sarah decides napping should be done while standing

Left to right: Phil, Ryan, Nick, and I before church on Easter

Why does my Dad look so exhausted?


Me at my Aunt Lousie and Uncle Grant's wedding tapping my glass for a wedding kiss

Trying on my Dad's hockey helmet for size

Look at that face!! Clearly not a morning person...

Visiting the two of the sweetest grandparents in Pigeon

I just love Ryan's pointy hood in this picture


In Grandma's chair on the porch in Kazoo

This one is very special to me

Eating breakfast in my favorite spot in Kazoo

I know most of these pictures probably aren't very sentimental to you, but there are so many memories within them that make each one special in its own way. When I look at these, I never feel that far from home.
"There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: one is roots, the other is wings." -Hodding Carter
Mom and Dad- thanks for my wings.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah!! U took the NAPLEX!!! Yay. I take mine next week. Im REALLY nervous because I have not been a serious studier. i swear I'll buckle down tomorrow...eek. Anywhooo good luck on the law! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete